Add Popup in WordPress
First, create your free account with popupsmart.
1. After you sign up, you'll land on your dashboard. Click "Create a New Popup"”
Do not forget to enter your campaign name and your website URL.
2. Then, you should select your business goal.
3. After you select your objective, select any layout you want. Customize your popup based on your wants and needs.
4. Select "Target" and determine targeting options on how your popup should appear such as "Visitor Behavior". You can decide when your popup will show up or which pages you need to show your popup.
5. Then, you'll need to connect your Wordpress website to your Popupsmart account.
In the "Publish" tab, you'll see that your site is not verified yet. Click "verify".
6. Copy the embed code provided on the screen. And Let's go to your Wordpress account. Go to the “Appearance” section of your WordPress account.
7. Click on “Theme Editor” below Appearance on the left navigation bar. Select "footer.php" and add your embed code before the < /body > tag. And update your file.
The placement of the code matters! You need to paste it to before closing the "body" tag.
8. Go back to your Popupsmart dashboard. And click "Next Step". You'll then click"Verify your site" button on the screen.
When you click that, it will direct you to your WP website. If you see the little modal pops up on the screen that says "Popupsmart installation verified." then it means you are good to go!
Now you can go back and "Save & Publish" your popup.
Enjoy your popup! 🚀
Last updated May 25, 2022
Applies to: Other