1. Open Gmail, click on Compose to start composing the email, and then click on the Drive icon on the bottom bar to attach files from Google Drive.
2. This will open Google Drive in a pop-up where you can select any Google Docs file and click on Insert. If you cannot find the required Google Docs file, you also have the option to search Google Drive directly in the pop-up window.
3. Once the Google Docs file is attached and the email is written, click on Send.
4. This will open the permissions pop-up window for the recipients with whom you are sharing the Docs file. You can either permit to View, Comment, or Edit it.
5. Once done, click on Send to send the email with the Google Docs file link.
Last updated Jul 21, 2022
Applies to: Other